Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Packing, Packing, and more Packing

So it's been a couple days since the last update, but this weekend was JAM-PACKED. One of my best friends from out of town came in to visit and we went to a wedding. I realized I'm not used to staying out late anymore and was dead the next day. Now that it's the last week in my house, I've been busy trying to pack away all my "stuff" while saying goodbye to all the memories this place holds. I think it will really sink in that I have graduated once I say goodbye to this place that meant so much to me in the last year. The memories I made and the people I met along the way won't be forgotten and I know that the friends I made will last a lifetime.

Ok done with the sap-tastic words today. I'm physically and mentally exhausted from all the packing, especially because I don't know my official move-in date for my next house. Therefore, I'm going to have to store all of my stuff (bed and all) somewhere until I can move in. Ughhh...this next week is going to be awful. I am proud though because I've made it to the gym at least 4 days a week so this whole making myself healthier and happier thing is going well! Last night I even did the dance class again and it was actually FUN! Once I got the moves down I got to put my own spin on it and had a good time- while burning calories! Woo Hoo! Haven't had a weigh in for awhile, but I'm sure it will happen when I go to my first personal training meeting on Friday!

For now I'm just going to try and stay calm and keep in mind that growing up, while it can be challenging and different, is natural and inevitable and I'm learning to embrace it. I'm pumped because Jon comes home from the beach this weekend and then it's his 25th birthday! I can't wait to celebrate!


Rant: Can't I just snap my fingers and all of my belongings will magically be in my new house?
Rave: The feeling you get when you are covered in sweat but had an awesome workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment