Monday, July 18, 2011

Is it Friday yet?

Hello all!
  So today is Monday...ugh, isn't it just the worst! I think the better your weekend, the worse your monday. This weekend was very fun with beautiful weather! I saw Harry Potter on Friday. Now, for those of you who read the books religiously- what did you think? In my opinion, it was pretty different from the book in many ways. Don't get me wrong, as a movie it was EPIC, but they just left out/changed things that I felt didn't need to change. For example, where was Percy?? Or how about the battle between Harry and Voldemore? They didn't fly together around the castle and claw at each other's faces in the book! Potterwatch? Where was that? It didn't even show up in the first movie either so that was expected. They briefly mentioned Remus's kid and mentioned nothing about Harry raising him. I know I'm just being picky, but these are little things that made the book memorable to me. I was surfing the web a lot this weekend for comments on the movie and stumbled upon this awesome picture. I found it on a website that had the 20 Harry Potter Movie Sequels.It makes me laugh every time I look at it! (http://www.smosh.com/smosh-pit/photos/20-harry-potter-movie-sequels)



In other weekend news, I got to go to my friend Dan's house for a party at his house complete with a pontoon boat, campfire, and fun! It was nice to get away from the city for awhile and enjoy the outdoors. I got to spend the next day at my parent's house and enjoy some quality time in their pool to get some sun since god knows I don't get any when I'm at work in my little cubicle. I don't even see a window from my desk! The one semi-comical thing that happened at home was that I was unplugging my stereo outside and discovered there's a wasp nest under the outlet, therefore a wasp bolted out of that suckers and got me right on my hand. I screamed loud enough to probably make the neighbors think I was getting attacked but that sucker hurt! My mind traveled back to the time when I was about 8 years old at a cookout playing with water balloons with all the kids there. There must have been a yellow jacket nest in the ground as we filled up the balloons with water and I guess I was the slowest one to run away because all the yellow jackets swarmed up from their nest and stung me in about 15 different places...No wonder I started to freak out when the wasp hit me on my hand! I instantly went into 5 year old mode as I ran into my house with tears streaming down my face yelling for my mom (because moms know how to make everything feel better, right?). As my mom googled what to do for a wasp sting (I thought moms knew everything?!) and I sat there crying my dad comforted me by saying, "There's no reason to cry!"....Thanks for the comfort Dad. After all the commotion, I survived with a swelled up hand and blood shot eyes.

As I mentioned before, home was going to be my first chance to have a "weigh-in" for a while. When I lost all of my weight a few years ago, I remember the moment I looked at the scale and saw a number under 200. Well because of a little thing called Senior year, that number is back up and it really got me down this weekend. It's hard for me to talk about this, but I feel like the more I put myself out there, the more I can own up to my goals and achieve them! Although I did loose about 3 lbs from July 4th to now, I still wasn't pleased. The new gym I joined gives you a free meeting with a personal trainer to set up some goals and my appointment is this week. Let's hope I can make the most of it.

Sorry for the long post- no access to a computer all weekend so had to smush everything in one! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment