Wednesday, September 7, 2011

"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows"

So let's just say I haven't had the best couple of days and I've learned irony follows me and shows it's face more often than usual. After spending a small fortune to fix my car and locking my keys in my car the next day, I was wondering if I should just buy a bus pass and get rid of my car! No worries because it wasn't over yet! My old roommate sent me a text yesterday to stop by the flower shop she works at to get something. She gave me a plant that I've wanted for my cube because she said "You've had such a bad week so I wanted to give you this." Little did she know that bad week was slowly turning itself into a bad month because literally 10 minutes after this, I got into my first car accident.

Before I explain any more, I wasn't hurt and neither was the guy I hit which is the most important thing, but it didn't help the fact that I was completely shook up and scared to death. I'm not going to go into details about the accident, but accidents happen and I've been fortunate enough not to get in one yet. I instantly gave up all my insurance information to the guy for him to be kind of a jerk to me the whole time. Oh well-you live you learn.

Anyways after yesterday I was completely distraught and upset. I came into work today as a coworker and I were starting a little weight loss race and today was the day we would weigh in. The last thing I wanted to do was step on a scale and see my weight, but someone amazing happened- I didn't weigh as much as I thought I would! It was one of the only times I've seen a number I wanted to see on the scale so maybe this means my luck is turning around! I'll share my starting weight with you guys (204.8). My goal for next week is to lose a pound down to 203.8. I'm starting slow. Long term goal- I want to lose 20lbs by the end of the year. Keep reading on and see if I can actually do it!

Rant: Not enough hours in the day to get enough sleep, exercise, and fun!
Rave: I found an awesome quote from Rocky yesterday when I was feeling all emo and whiny-

                             "Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done."

No comments:

Post a Comment