Friday, September 9, 2011

Because I knew you, I have been changed for good...

So yesterday was one of my best days in the recent weeks (see previous posts) because I went to see WICKED! For those of you who live under a rock and have never heard or seen Wicked, it's the story before the Wizard of Oz. You get a whole new glimpse into the lives of characters like Glinda, Wicked Witch of the West/East, the Scarecrow, and much more! Even more important than the story line is the MUSIC!

From upbeat musical numbers to slow, meaningful songs, this musical does not disappoint! No matter who you are or where you come from you can relate to these characters. In fact there is one song called "For Good" towards the end of the musical that hits me in the heart everytime. The main message of the song is friendship and how in the end a great friend has changed you "for good." There have been so many moments in my life where this song has been a backdrop that hearing it always makes me tear up in a good way! Here's a clip of the song from the original broadway cast.


I have a really exciting weekend coming up! Right after work today I will be picking up my college roommate and we're heading back to my place to make dinner. By tonight my boyfriend will be here for a weekend visit and I'm so pumped because I haven't seen him in over a month! On Saturday we are taking my neice to the zoo for her birthday and then headed to a friends for a party. Sunday will be a relaxed football day, but those are always my favorite. Hope everyone has a fantastic week!

Rant: Getting up in the morning. No matter what my bed is always more comfortable than getting up and going to work!
Rave: MUSICALS! I need to start seeing one a month to life my spirits!

No comments:

Post a Comment