Friday, February 24, 2012

"Finish every day and be done with it"

Hello everyone!

So shout out to my friend Nico for not only sharing the awesome Hey Arnold video from my last post, but also for sharing this quote with me the other day that inspired me to make a new Lent/life goal!

Finish every day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense. This day is all that is good and fair. It is too dear, with its hopes and invitations, to waste a moment on yesterdays.-Ralph Waldo Emerson


Therefore, instead of only giving up candy for Lent, I'm also going to commit to choosing a "peak" of my day every day before I go to sleep. I've been really harsh on myself lately always focusing on the bad things that are happening in my life and realized I need to stop. For those of you who don't know, I volunteer at the local Children's Hospital every Wednesday and it really helps me put things into prospective and realize all the blessings I have.

Speaking of- my peak of yesterday was waking up and looking at these on my dining room table. They are my Valentine flowers and they are really starting to bloom nicely! :)

Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment